Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Birchbox: January 2014


My Birchbox arrived mega early this month- 1/8/14. I hadn't even gotten a shipping tracking code yet. Without further ado, here's what I got (in order of "How Excited Christine Is):

1. Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk

Although I've never heard of this brand before, I've been dying to try a dry shampoo. I have very fine, very fair tresses that require daily shampooing. Also, the full-size product is $18, which is awesome. 

2. Nail Rock in "Velvet"

The nail polish bottle and little black jar are part of the same 2-part manicure set. Basically, you put on two coats on nail polish, then dip your nail in the jar (still wet). Velvet appears to be a velvety matte coat. It will be awesome if it works, though I can see many possible pitfalls (clumping, cleaning off excess, peeling in high humidity). It takes 20 minutes to dry, so it's def not for a quick look. 

3. Coastal Scents "Revealed" Eye Shadow Palette

This sample is kinda tiny. Honesty, I would have rather gotten just 1 color in a decent size. It's really hard to use these tiny palettes with decent make up brushes. Still, the shades are nice metallics. I tried them out on my wrist and they blend well. 

4. Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Day Lotion with Clary Sage

I like lotions and I like Burt's Bees. This item is a "Birchbox Find," which is supposed to be a mass-market bonus on top of the 4-5 high end products your box contains. I am way more interested in this than one of my high end products. 

5. Juicy Couture "Couture La La"

This perfume is not for me. This perfume is not for winter or even spring. It's very citrusy and very potent. A little bit goes a long way. I would say that this perfume is a good daytime summer scent for someone who like to smell like a teenage girl. Blah. 

Overall, a good box. In addition to the products, there's a $3 coupon off of Burt's Bees face hydration products and some postcard-looking cards explaining some new gimmicks to win things on the Birchbox website. 

We'll see how January ipsy compares in 1-2 weeks!

Later,

Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment