Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Birchbox February 2014


I sneaked a look at the preview and was so excited! Then I got the products mad my excitement trickled away like a salt scrub in the shower. As usual, here are my first impressions of each product.

1. Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara

I love smashbox products and can't wait to try this one. The brush is enormous and tapered, not curled. Its biggest contender in my makeup drawer is benefit's They're Real! 

2. Ruby Wing Color Changing Polish in Kitten Heels

This polish is Barbie-shoe-pink. When you wear it outside, it's supposed to turn red. I once owned a green/yellow color change polish when I was 11 and staying at the beach for the summer. It was terrible, but that was over ten years ago (ahhhh). The way I see it, even if the change stinks, I love the toxic hot pink. 

3. Beauty Protector's Protect & Oil [Hair Oil]

Although not really right for my hair type (straight, stringy blonde), I love the smell of this product.  I wish it came with a tiny spritzer head on it- I guess I'll have to dab it on my fingers. I'll have to see if it's too heavy for my hair. 

4. smashbox's Full Exposure Palette

This would be number 1 if it weren't such a pathetically small sample. I will say this time and again: it is better to have one shade of eyeshadow you can user a brush in than to have 10 microscopic samples. This sample is actually my lifestyle extra this month, it's so small. The shadow is literally on too of a piece of wax paper with a cling film cover. 

5. Coola Face Tinted Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30 BB Cream

Seriously- did you put enough trendy words on your package? I don't know if I got them all in the right order, but this lotion is not tinted enough to be used as foundation, period. Also- if your skin tone matches the color of this stuff (aka pale as paper), then you know you need more than SPF 30. Let BB cream be BB cream. Let sunscreen be sunscreen. 

See you again in a week or two when I get my ipsy bag (or sooner if I try out some nail polish).

No comments:

Post a Comment