Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Birchbox March 2014



For the first time ever in the history of my beauty boxes, my Birchbox and ipsy arrived on the same day- March 13th. Since I have been a slacker on posting, I have already tried most of the products and can actually rank them based on how much I like them.

1. Jergens® BB Body Perfecting Skin Cream

This is my beauty find for March. That means that this is a bonus drugstore product included in my box, along with a coupon for other Jergens products. I used this on my legs the other morning at 6:30 am. By 11:00 am my legs were still silky smooth. I didn't see any visible tint (and I'm pale as paper, so I'd see it if it was super tinted). The fragrance is light and powdery, not at all overpowering.

2. INIKA Certified Organic Eye Liner

I love trying new eyeliners, but light metallic green? I have high hopes for this liner, as I like trying new things and the built-in sharpener is so nifty.  It goes on very creamy and seems quite nice. Now I just need to figure out a look that can incorporate it. I'm thinking a blue lined lid with the metallic green lining the outside corner. Stay tuned.

3. Keims Cleanshine Energizing Shampoo

I always like to try new shampoos since spa/salon products are often very pricey. I don't at all smell any mint or eucalyptus in this product, which is unexpected given the "energizing" name. My hair is soft but not dry after using this shampoo. It doesn't seem to have any lasting scent.

4. Grand Central Beauty S.M.A.R.T. Skin Perfecting® Serum + Primer

Second to last. Ouch. This product is second-to-least-exciting because it doesn't know what to be. In my experience, primer is creamy, usually tan-ish, sometimes with shimmer. Primer helps keep your eyeshadow and blush in place longer. In my experience, serum is a load of bull.  Serum is a catch-all term for moisturizers mixed in with unsubstantiated fruit extracts and "enzymes" (in quotation marks because when did "enzymes" become desirable in beauty products? My stomach contains enzymes. Big whoop).

5. Supergoop!® City Sunscreen Serum SPF 30

See above comment on serums (stopppppp). It must be nice to be the type of person who only uses SPF 30. Must be nice. 

As always, if you're interested in signing up for Birchbox, here's my referral link: https://www.birchbox.com/invite/pinforlater

Stay sunny,

Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment