Wednesday, March 19, 2014

ipsy March 2014


Since my ipsy and Birchbox subscriptions arrived the same day (March 13th), I was able to directly compare them. I have to say- ipsy once again won in a landslide. I've been a real slacker with posting my beauty products due to some awesome hope purchases (more on that later), so I've had time to use and fall in love with all of my ipsy products. If you're interested in trying ipsy, click here. Be aware: there is usually a waiting list.

1. Chella Indigo Blue Eyeliner

I was sighing and huffy that I got yet another weird eyeliner from ipsy (see metallic purple from December that I have yet to find a good use for). Then I talked to a coworker who explained that dark blue looks amazing with black mascara by adding depth to your eyes. So I tried it. So I love it. The applicator is a very fine tip that, when angled, can draw a thicker line. I am madly in love with this product and want it in every color (but mostly blue).

2. bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie™ Lipstick in Get Ready

This lipstick means business. The application is smooth. There's no chemical smell or cakey texture. My lips felt smooth and I got compliments all day. It definitely stands out on my palepale skin and it isn't some smudgeproof, wear-all-day formula. It will get on your coffee mug, so drink through one of the stirrer straws. Still- I reapplied 2 times during the work day only because I ate.

3. Pixi Beauty Flawless Beauty Primer

I think that Pixi products are made for my complexion. This primer is lightly tinted (awsome) but does not have a matte finish (boo), so finish with a matte powder/finishing spray for sure or your will look a little greasy. I still need a moisturizer under this primer, which is expected.

4. NYX Love in Rio Eye Shadow in Cabana Boy

The palette is much lighter in person and very glittery. It's a very fine glitter, so it ends up everywhere. I used one of my favorite brushes to sweep the lightest color below my browbone and I still ended up with glitter on the tops of my cheeks. If you don't mind a little sparkle, this is a decent summer palette.

Stay gorgy,

Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment